Churros!
Churros
España: beach, sun, amiable people… and desserts!
Face it. Who wouldn’t want to
resist Churros, a fried dough pastry snack, lathered in chocolate and sugar? Buckle
your seatbelts, ‘cos we are going on a ride!
Churros, sometimes known as Tejeringos, originated from the Iberian Peninsula. They are
generally in a straight or sometimes curled, or even knotted. You can enjoy
churros with chocolate dip, champurrado,
dulce de leche or café con leche.
My Experience
On a narrow road in the expansive city of Seville, lays a
small cafetería with fewer than 5
guests sat down. Whilst walking to the counter, you could immerse yourself into
the luring smell of coffee and churros.
As I await the churros to cool down, I dip my finger in the
chocolate. The dreams had just begun.
Moments later, I began to eat my churros. Moments later, they
were gone. The sugar, mixed with the chocolate, mixed with the dough – was so
unbelievable. It was if I had tasted heaven. It tasted like doughnuts, dipped in chocolate, but 10 times better.
Before too long, I ordered my 2nd batch...
Entonces, what
are you waiting for?
Dean Denton.
Comments
Post a Comment